What does my child need for school?
We ask the children to take responsibility for bringing to school all the equipment and other items needed. If you have any further questions, then please pop in and see us.
- Randwick School sweatshirt - whilst preferable to have a sweatshirt with a logo this is not compulsory
- Randwick School light blue polo shirt
- Grey trousers, skirt or shorts
- Grey, navy or white socks/tights
- Dark boots (brown or black) for girls in the winter
- Light blue / white checked summer dress
- Black / blue winter school shoes or white / blue school sandals (heel and toe protected), Heavy boots should not be worn inside school but may be changed into for playtime etc.
- Please ensure ALL items are clearly named so we are able to return lost items.
All items of Randwick school uniform may be purchased locally from Batemans Sports Ltd in Stroud or online from https://www.batemanssports.co.uk/schools-colleges/primary-schools/randwick or www.brigade.uk.com
Non badged items such as skirts and trousers are also available from both companies, but there is no obligation to purchase them if you would prefer to use another supplier.
Second hand uniform may be available from the School Office and can be purchased for a minimal fee.
Please ensure a named water bottle is sent into school daily filled with water, the children are able to top up their bottle throughout the day.
Waterproof / coat & wellingtons
- Children will need access to a coat virtually all year round as we make good use of our outside areas
- Children may also be asked to bring in wellies; it is really useful if these are named. Wellies worn to school may be stored on the welly stack by the back door during the day
- Please ensure that coats, summer / winter hats, scarves and gloves are clearly named
- For those children undertaking swimming lessons, they also require a one piece swimming costume or swimming trunks and towel, goggles if needed. Please place items in a waterproof bag
- Please ensure ALL clothing is clearly named
- Kit items include:
- Randwick PE Shirt
- Navy shorts/cycling shorts/skirt
- Daps/trainers (it is suggested that from Y1, the children wear trainers)
- Change of socks (white/grey)
- In cold weather, navy blue joggers/leggings and a school sweatshirt are recommended
The Universal Infant Free School Meal scheme was introduced in September 2014. A hot meal is provided free of charge for all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. You are not obliged to take a meal for your child, you may provide a healthy packed lunch as an alternative if you prefer, however we have found that the vast majority of infants have a hot school meal every day. Menus and a guide to the procedure for ordering school meals are available on the Fly High Cafe Page.
Lunch Box and Healthy Tuck
- Please provide a sturdy container that is clearly named as the children’s ‘healthy lunch box’, supporting our Healthy School Status.
- Please note that the designated Crisp Day is Friday and we ask that sweets and chocolate are kept for after school treats
- A piece of fruit can be eaten at morning break.
- All infant children are given a piece of free fruit each day.
- Aluminium flasks for soup / pasta / drink may be used when the weather is cold. Please ensure items are not too hot to scald
- Some parents may wish to include an ice pack to keep food cool in the summer as the lunch boxes are stored in the classroom
- We are proud of our ‘Healthy School Status’ and we ask for everyone’s continuing support