Visitor Identification & Safety
- Visitors and helpers unknown to the children & staff are requested to wear identification badges and may be escorted by a member of staff whilst in the School.
- All volunteers & workers involved with the children will have completed the relevant DBS checks prior to coming into School.
- All visitors must sign the Visitors Book located at the main reception. Visitors unknown to the School will be asked for proof of identity.
- As a matter of safety, no visitor/helper may open the School front door to any other visitor without first checking with a senior member of staff.
- Please ensure you are aware of the School Safeguarding procedures including safer working practices, confidentiality and emergency procedures.
- Before helping in school, all adults will have undertaken a DBS check appropriate to their role and will be asked to sign the school agreement to confirm their acceptance of school polices regarding safeguarding & confidentiality.
- Volunteer/adults are reminded that they may not support/help a child in isolation as a matter of safety for all.
The member of staff you are working with will be responsible for sharing other procedures and additional information is displayed around the School.
- If you hear the continuous sound of the fire alarm please immediately leave the building by the nearest exit and assemble in the playground.
- In the unlikely event of an accident to an adult or child, please inform a member of staff immediately. All staff are first aid trained and all accidents or ‘near misses’ must be reported.
- If you see or hear something that concerns you, then please speak to a senior member of staff.
The School Site
The School comprises of a Victorian building which contains 6 learning areas, cloakroom & toilets, staff room, office and head teacher’s room. Outside there is a small secure early years area and large playground. The village hall, church & playing field are also regularly used.
- The adult toilets are located in the children’s cloakroom area.
- Visitors and helpers are invited to use the staffroom and help themselves to free tea/coffee.
- No glass may be taken out of the staffroom and hot drinks can only be taken if in a thermos mug with a lid. This must be kept out of harm’s way.
- If you stay with us over lunchtime you will need to bring a packed lunch as there are no food facilities on site.
Parking at the School
The School does not have a car park, so please park at the nearby Village Hall and not on the road near School. Read more about parking near the school here. Please let the school office know where you have parked.
- All Gloucestershire schools have a non smoking policy on any part of the school site.
- As a matter of policy all mobile phones must be turned off during lesson time.
- No images must be taken of any child or adult without the prior approval of the head teacher, and only then using the school camera.